posted Wednesday 11th July
What’s better than jazz in the sunshine? Book your winter break and join us for 1 or 2 weeks of fantastic music at sea! Ronnie Scott’s will be going on two fabulous cruises; which take you to some of the most beautiful locations in the US, Mexico and the Caribbean.
We are delighted to be partnering with the world leader in live jazz at sea, Entertainment Cruise Productions, for some incredible jazz concert experiences in early 2019, Blue Note at Sea and The Jazz Cruise, which you can book now.
Here’s what you can expect:
- Set sail from Fort Lauderdale in the sunshine state of Florida as you explore the exotic islands of Nassau and Cozumel and the sandy beaches of Costa Maya and Key West over the week.
- The ship comes alive at night when you can experience the best live jazz in the world with some of the greatest musicians on the planet. See Marcus Miller, Robert Glasper, Wynton Marsalis, David Sanborn, Christian Scott, Cécile McLorin Salvant and Kurt Elling to name just a few!
- Visit the Ronnie Scott’s lounge as we present the NBLQ: The New Band Leader’s Quartet showcases a selection of the hottest up-and-coming talent from the UK jazz scene. Under the musical direction of Ashley Henry you can expect dynamic and exciting performances featuring none other than Nubya Garcia, Mr. DM (David Mrakpor) and Marijus Aleksa.
The Jazz Cruise (19 – 26 January 2019)
- Embark on your voyage at Fort Lauderdale and sail around the islands of St Croix, Puerto Rico, and Haiti before returning to port.
- Enjoy an exceptional line-up of world-class jazz from the biggest names – see Chucho Valdes, Randy Brecker, Wycliffe Gordon, Benny Golson and Renee Rosnes plus many more.
- Visit the Ronnie Scott’s lounge where you can see the James Pearson Trio. As the club’s artistic director and house pianist, James Pearson is one of the most exciting pianists to have emerged from the UK in the last 25 years. Alongside James is double bass player Sam Burgess, a stalwart of the UK jazz scene, and top UK jazz drummer Chris Higginbottom.
On both cruises, mix and mingle with your fellow guests and performers at the international guest cocktail party and Global Gathering events.
Exclusive offer for Ronnie Scott’s patrons
To join us on Blue Note at Sea, you can book using the code JAZZINT to get over £2,000 off your booking. Find out more here
To join us on the Jazz Cruise, you can book using the code RSCOTTSATSEA to get up to £1380 ($1800) off your booking. Find out more here.
If you choose to sail on both cruises, you can get an additional 5 percent off BOTH cruise prices.
In addition to money off your booking, you will get:
We’re proud to be part of these exciting experiences with Blue Note at Sea and The Jazz Cruise. See you there!