This PRIVACY & COOKIES Policy (the "Policy") has been prepared to meet the requirements of the UK's Data Protection Act 1998 and The Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011, (the "Acts") and the 2018 GDPR directive. It relates to the collection, protection, disclosure and use of personal data belonging to individuals who visit www.ronniescotts.co.uk (our "Site") and also refers in detail to the "Cookies" we use, what they are and their purpose. By clicking the "Dismiss" button on the box that appears on the first page you enter on our Site, you signify your acceptance of our Cookies Policy. If you wish subsequently to decline your acceptance of them we set out in Clause 4 of the Policy how you may do so. Please note that the box relating to "Cookies" will only appear the first time you enter our Site.
Your privacy and security is important to us. This Policy sets out how we will treat any personal information we obtain from you and it is intended to help you understand how we deal with it and how you may remove it. By providing your personal information to us, you agree that we may collect and use the personal information you provide in the ways described in this Policy. If you do not agree with the terms of this Policy after signing up you can ask for your details to be removed by writing to us at Ronnie Scotts, 47 Frith Street, London W1D 4HT for the attention of the Data Manager.
We will use your personal information only for the purposes set out below.
Please note that we may need to update this Policy from time to time to reflect changes in the law. We recommend that you check this page regularly to ensure that you have read the most recent version and that you are happy with any changes.
This Policy was last revised on: 14 May 2018.
- INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
- It is your choice to provide us with personal information. We may provide you with the option to select whether you would like to receive information from us or from trusted third parties by opting in or out of receiving promotional offers. In some circumstances, you will not have the option to opt out, for example, when we are administering a transaction requested by you, or if we are satisfying a legal requirement.
- Ways in which you may be providing us with personal information include, for example,
- registering on our Site;
- registering to receive our Newsletter;
- contacting us with an enquiry;
- making a booking or reservation;
- forwarding an item to another email address;
- purchasing a product;
- purchasing merchandise;
- completing a survey which contains your personal information;
- entering a competition; and/or
- reporting a problem.
- The information we will collect from you includes but is not limited to data concerning traffic on our Site, location data, weblogs and other communication data, (whether this is required for our billing purposes or otherwise) and the resources that you access.
- By providing any personal information to us, you fully understand and clearly consent to the transfer, collection and processing of such personal information. Such transfer, collection and processing will comply with the terms of this Policy.
- IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
- Like many other websites, we use "cookies" to help us gather and store information about visitors to our Site.
- We may collect information about your computer, including your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our Site users' browsing actions and patterns and does not identify you as an individual.
- A "cookie" is a small text file which is downloaded on to your computerís hard disk when you access certain websites. Cookies allow the website to recognise your computer. A cookie can identify the pages that are being viewed and this can assist us to select the pages that the visitor sees.
- "Session" cookies only exist whilst visitors are online on a particular occasion. These are temporary cookies that aid your journey around the site and remember the preferences you have selected during your session.
- "Persistent" cookies, which are not session-based, remain on a visitor's computer, so that you can be recognised as a previous visitor when you next visit our Site. This allows us to collect information about your browsing habits whilst on our site, and this can be useful in assisting us to monitor and improve our services.
- We do not store sensitive information such as account numbers or passwords in "persistent" cookies, and cookies in themselves, do not contain enough information to identify you. You will only become personally identifiable in relation to your browsing habits after you have formally provided us with your personal data for the purposes outlined in Section 1.2 above.
- In addition to using cookies, we might also use GIFs and other web tools, such as Google Analytics, to collect information about your browsing activities whilst on our site. In this respect the information that is provided is similar to the information supplied by cookies, and we use it for the same purposes.
- Any information that we acquire about you using cookies, GIFs, or other web tools is subject to the same restrictions and conditions as any other information we collect about you, as outlined in this Policy.
- THE COOKIES USED ON OUR SITE
- Cookies set by our Site::
This cookie is set in order to work out whether you have seen and/ or clicked the "dismiss" button in the box that draws your attention to this Policy. This will appear the first time you enter our Site. This cookie is strictly necessary in order to enable you to provide your consent for us to set cookies on your browser.
The purpose of this cookie is to store the information provided to us when you log in to our Site. This is strictly necessary for the full functionality and operation of the website. This cookie also stores information so as to keep track of items in your basket when you purchase anything or book any of the Activities via the Site. Without this cookie, services that you have asked for, like shopping baskets, cannot be provided.
- Cookies set by Google Analytics:
_utma, _utmb, _utmc, _utmz
Google Analytics is a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. By default, Google Analytics sets four performance cookies in order to evaluate your use of the Site, including number of visits, duration of browsing and referring sites, and compiles reports for us on activity on the Site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. Google stores the information collected by the cookie on servers in the United States. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google's behalf. Google state that they will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. For more information about the way in which Google Analytics uses these cookies please visit the following link:
- If you wish to know all the cookies we have set and how to delete or manage them, please refer to www.allaboutcookies.org.
- HOW TO DISABLE/ ENABLE COOKIES
- You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings in your browser or by not clicking the "dismiss" button on the box that appears on the first page you see on our Site. For example, in Internet Explorer, you can go to Tools and Internet Options, where there is the option to change your settings to disable cookies. However, you may not be able to use all the interactive features of our site if the cookies are disabled.
- You also have the ability to delete cookies that have been installed in the cookie folder of your browser and should search for "cookies" in your "Help" function for information on where to find your cookie folder.
- To delete only the cookies set by our Site in Internet Explorer, you must do the following:-
- In Internet Explorer, click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.
- On the General tab, under Browsing history, click Settings.
- Click the View files button.
- Click the Name column heading to sort all the files alphabetically, and then scroll down until you see files that begin with the prefix Cookie:. All cookies will have that prefix, and they usually contain the name of the website that created the cookie.
- Right-click the cookie you want to delete, click Delete, and then click Yes.
- Close the window that contains the list of files, and then click OK twice to return to Internet Explorer.
- You should note that some websites store your member name, password, or other information about you in a cookie. If you delete that cookie, you might need to re-enter your personal information again the next time you visit the Site.
- To delete only the cookies set by our Site, for example in Firefox, you must do the following:-
- At the top of the Firefox window, click on the Firefox button and then click Options
- Select the Privacy panel.
- Set Firefox will: to Use custom settings for history.
- Click Show Cookies.... The Cookies window will appear.
- In the Search field, type the name of the site whose cookies you want to remove. The cookies that match your search will be displayed.
- Select the cookie(s) in the list to remove and click Remove Cookie
- Select the first cookie and press Shift + End to select all the cookies in the list.
- Click Close to close the Cookies window.
- In order to delete the PHPSESSID cookie, you may need to contact your system administrator for assistance in re-configuring PHP on your server.
- To prevent Google Analytics cookies being set, you may install the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-On by clicking on this link - http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout and following the instructions.
- WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers.
- Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you, or where you have chosen, a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share this password with anyone.
- The information that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA, who work for us or for one of our suppliers. By submitting your personal information, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your personal data, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION BY US
- We may use personal information collected from you to provide specific services that you request and to provide additional services that may be of interest. We may use your personal information in the following ways:
- Ease of Use - To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Transactional Purposes - To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, to respond to your queries and requests and to maintain your accounts and manage transactions, such as credit card payments for any products or services that you order.
- Communication - To notify you about changes to our service.
- Provision of Information - To assess your eligibility, and if eligible, provide you with information.
- Marketing Communications and Analysis - To communicate with you about our products and services and for our own internal marketing analysis, for example, to measure the amount of traffic to our Site.
- We will retain your data for an infinite period unless you ask us to unsubscribe you.
- USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION BY THIRD PARTIES
- We may also use your data or permit selected third parties or other businesses within our Group (which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006) to use your data, to provide you with data about goods and services which may be of interest to you, and we or they may contact you about these by post or e-mail.
- If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by email with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
- If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you be electronic means only if you have consented to this.
- If you wish to unsubscribe to your data being used by third parties please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Ronnie Scotts, 47 Frith Street, London W1D 4HT. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please email us at
- Please note that we will not, under any circumstances, sell your personal information to anyone else.
- Any information or statistics relating to our business that we disclose to others will not identify you personally. We may, for example, perform statistical analyses of the behaviour of the users of our Site in order to measure interest in the various areas of our site and to inform advertisers how many consumers have "clicked" on their advertising banners. This information, and any other general information about our users that we share with advertisers and other partners, will not contain personal information about you.
- LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
- This Policy only covers this Site. If you follow a link from this Site to another website, you must refer to and read the privacy statement on that other website which you visit. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
- We may disclose your personal information:
- To third parties to whom you have provided your consent in order that they will be able to prepare or send any communications to you, or to assist us in connection with any of our administrative or business functions, (including, but not limited to delivery, marketing and advertising and credit card and data processing) or in the provision of any of our products to you
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer.
- If Bourne Capital Group, or substantially all of its assets, are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- INTERACTIVE AREAS OF OUR SITE/ BLOGS
- Information that you post via social networking (including but not limited to Facebook and Twitter) is generally accessible to, and may be collected by, others and may result in unwelcome communications. For your own safety and security, you should not provide information about yourself on the aforementioned areas of our Site or via social networking.
- If you disclose any information via social networking, we do not accept any responsibility or liability for any breach of privacy, loss, damage, effect on your reputation or otherwise whatsoever.
- YOUR RIGHTS
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you, before collecting your data, if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your data to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right at any time to prevent such processing by emailing us at email@example.com. You can also contact us at Ronnie Scotts Club, 47 Frith Street, London W1D 4HT
- ACCESS TO INFORMATION
- The Acts give you the right to access information we hold about you. Any access request will be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with such information. If you would like a copy of this information, please write to us at the address below.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this Policy are welcomed and should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org or to The Managing Director, Ronnie Scotts Club, London W1D 4HT.
- If you wish to complain about the use of your data or any aspect of our data management you can contact the Information Commissioners Office, website https://ico.org.uk/